24 января, 2018 |0 Comments
The neat trick which carp cant resist…
Every year, when the first frosts hit our stillwaters, match anglers up and down the country turn to bread to keep the bites coming but specimen carp anglers, for some bizarre reason, seem to ignore the tactic. However, all size carp from 3lb to 30lb love bread making it possibly one of the best but underated winter carp baits. So why not use it?
Dynamite’s Mark Parker has been catching lots of specimen sized carp on day-ticket waters using the humble loaf this winter and he’s adapted his approach to make it just a little more effective and more carpy then simply chucking out a lump of the white stuff and waiting for a bite. Mark calls the method: The Chocolate Bread Stick. The tactic has been devastating on cold clear carp waters so far this year. Here’s how to try it for yourself…..
WHAT YOU NEED:
Half a loaf of white bread
A handful of Dynamite White Chocolate & Coconut Cream Boilies
A handful of crushed hemp
White Chocolate & Coconut Cream Liquid Attractant
Shallow bucket or bait tub
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. Liquidise half a loaf of white bread at home and pour it into a shallow bowl or bucket.
2. Crush up, by hand or crusher, some White Chocolate & Coconut Cream boilies and add them to the bread
3. Add a handful of crushed hemp to the mix and give it all a good stir
4. Add a few squirts of the liquid attractant to make the mix slightly sticky
5. Push the finished mix into your PVA to make a stick of around 3-4 inches long.
6. Attach to your rig baited with a single bottom bait or matching pop-up. Try casting to a new spot every hour if you don’t get a bite.